Thursday 25 August 2011

I'll be back! (Friday Skies)

Heard the news this week that Wilsons Prom National Park will reopen soon. In March of this year they 25% of the normal annual rainfall in 24 hours! And the Prom can be pretty wet anyway. So there was a lot of damage and the park was closed. We had to change a holiday plan – and if you have enjoyed any of the pictures from Magnetic Island you can thank the rain at the Prom!

These are some pictures from my last trip just to get anybody who has the chance fired up! I just need to find a weekend free from school fund raisers, kids parties, karate competitions etc, etc, etc and I’ll be back to one of my favourite places.




You can find more images of the sky here at Skywatch Friday.

You can find the post that first used these images here.

You can also find my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention link on the RHS or by looking at the “My Other Blog” tab at the top of the page.

21 comments:

  1. Mainioita ovat 'Taivas-Kuvat'-.
    Väreissä löytyy..!
    Terveisin Eko

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! these are brilliant - literally and figuratively! hurray for a return trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stewart, Dramatic pics to say the least!.... I just love all fiery skies but these are rainbows on fire!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the sky really put on a rainbow of a show for you! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such rich colors! Stunning! Extravagant!

    A MAN WHO LOOKED UP AT THE SKY

    A man who looked up at the sky
    Saw ravens and clouds flying by.
    He had to look up,
    The sky filled his cup—
    He’s my kind of sky-watching guy!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Pearl Harbor sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skies are beautiful and I can feel your enthusiasm that the park will be reopening. Good news for you ...and for us too when you post the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your enthusiasm, Stewart! What a fantastic place! I can't wait to see more photos! Love the light reflected on the water! Really breathtaking! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what magnificent and spectacular shots!

    Sorry to hear about the heavy rainfall - hope it hasn't caused too many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magical captures! Very tempting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sunsets!
    Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful. these certainly have me fired up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad I stopped by, this series is beautiful. And I just love the way sunrises and sunsets develop over time, the colors can be spectacular and almost surreal at times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful. The colours in the last one are just breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome skies--hard to believe the sky can be that beautiful. You definitely capture the sky at one of its "finest" moments. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vivid captures Stewart!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love this photos. Very stunning and calm.
    SWF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exquisite colours and shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great post, a wonderful pace and some very beautiful pictures. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice photos, especially I like the second.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dramatic and magic colors! Wonderful shots.

    Thanks for your visit.
    The 100 photo idea is very good, because I decide when I want to select the word and when I will post it. One word can be described in so many ways with an image.
    It's great if more people will do this.
    Regards Tania:-)

    ReplyDelete