Monday 28 November 2011

Our World Tuesday - Perth



I spent most of last week in Perth – hence the early posts and the late replies. Strange how exhausting a day’s work can be when you’re away from home.


Took a few pictures as I walked out to find dinner.
Perth feels much younger than Melbourne (it is!) It feels like you are visiting your energetic younger brother for the weekend! Many of the buildings in the CBD are very new – all glass and reflections. But now and them you find an older building. These are a few of the pictures I took.
You can find more places from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

You can find the most recent post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the pictures.

15 comments:

  1. love the shot of the horse statue with the reflection behind it. really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific captures for the day, Stewart! I love the horse statue, too! Wonderful composition in all your shots for the day! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horse and the new and old building present an interesting comment on time. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the horse, too ... and the reflections on the buildings. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an interesting observation, that the city of glass towers feels more 'energetic'. I would concur - a city of older building seems to project more calm and stability to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and interesting series. I love it when old buildings survive as a city grows. They represent so much history, and look nice and add character to the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the horse against the reflecting windowns!! FAAAAABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots, Stewart. Look forward to seeing your photos of Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots Stewart!
    I love the one with the horse... the reflections are so beautiful!
    Greetings from a sunny Holland,
    Anna :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed looking at your images of Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly get around. Perth has a lot of mining money for putting up those glass towers.

    Kings Park is nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these ultra modern pics of Perth. My sister lives there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a very modern city. I like the juxtaposition of the old church an the highrise.

    ReplyDelete