Sunday 2 December 2012

Macro Monday - Kangaroo Paw

The Kangaroo Paw is a plant native to Wester Australia.  But these plants are not in Western Australia, but in my garden!  Some people say that they have had difficulty with this plant - but all I can say is that they gave us a magnificent display.  We must have had the perfect balance between occasional care and general neglect!

Most of the "red" you can see are the flowers buds - the flowers them selves are much smaller, and less colourful.  This plant is an Anigozanthos flaviuds for all you keen gardeners.



You can find more shots at Macro Monday.

Enjoy the close ups.

15 comments:

  1. good when something revels in your garden like this kangaroo paw; well done whatever you didn't do Stewart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que lindas flores para acordar o nosso dia. Aqui está tanto frio. O chão dos campos está branco com neve Imagine estas flores bordadas de branco nos nossos jardins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, they are beautiful plants. Gorgeous color. Lovely macro shot, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful color! i really like the macro view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great macro shot for the day, Stewart! I love that rich, red color! Beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Stewart!Beautiful colors!Lovely plant!Amazing shots!Whising you a lovely week!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Occasional care and general neglect--now that's a plant I can live with! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really pretty flower. I wonder if it would grow in my part of the US. I bet it is stunning grown in masses...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular! I love red and would love to have something like this in my garden. Especially something that doesn't need a lot of tending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful vibrant colour Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, lucky you, I had the first snow this weekend. Thank you for bringing a piece of summer back to me with your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Such color! ~ Magnificent shot of nature's treasure ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these plant. I saw them once at our supermarket years ago for the first time. I bought them and let them dry... they lasted quite some time.

    ReplyDelete