Monday 3 December 2012

Our World Tuesday - Fish Watching

Any regular visitor to this page will have noticed that I'm a bird watcher - but I am also a fish watcher.  This is a less well known hobby and has does not seem to have the same volume of literature associated with it as bird watching!  Equally, there seem to be less jokes about fish-watching!  Many people appear to be unable to tell the difference between fish watching and just staring into the limpid depths of whatever body of water you find yourself next to.

If you have not become involved in the sport of fish-watching I suggest you give it a try - just wander up the edge of your nearest bridge and have a look over the edge!  If you do this more than twice a year you qualify as a fish-watcher!

Here are some fish I spotted in Muscat.  I've done far more manipulation of this image than normal!



PS:  in this sport actually seeing fish is considered a bonus.

You can find more pictures from around the world - and probably less fish - at Our World Tuesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the pictures.




18 comments:

  1. I might imagine that fish-watching is even more challenging than bird-watching. Well, especially to nab some photographs of....good catch Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool capture of the fish, Stewart. I have watch the fish many times in our lake here. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While my Fisherman fishes.. I walk along the water looking for fish to shoot, but they don't always show up as well as yours, Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fish shot for the day, Stewart!! I like your watery world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you managed to find such clear pictures of the fish under the water but they look great. One of them looked like a miniature shark or catfish to me. But then I probably don't fulfil the requirements of a fishwatcher unless hanging out at the local chippie qualifies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I also participate in fish watching, but when I'm watching fish it's usually to catch them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried fish watching. I'm afraid I might fall asleep and fall in! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to watch that you don't get put on suicide watch hanging around bridges, and leaning over them that way. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I guess I qualify as a fish watcher because I've been to the lake a few times this year and stare at the water. Usually I see turtles, but oftentimes I see big fish jump into the air. Of course my camera is never ready because it's always such a surprise. The water here is kinda murky, so no chance of fish photography. Love your shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite the creative fish shot ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely shot! I think I qualify as a fish watcher as I do lean over the waters to have a look when the opportunity arises!!
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I am an avid fish watcher too! However, i do that in the aquarium and it is more than 2x/yr! haha. I wonder what processing you did to this photo, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!

    What a wonderfully abstract shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, that´s a fun thing to do really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting shot, Stew. Did you use a special lens, maybe a fish eye lens?

    ReplyDelete